Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Living With Guilt

Guilt… it is a word we adopt early in life and come to believe is a character trait to practice with pride.

Guilt…we are led to believe means putting the needs of others before your own and carrying guilt proves you are self-less and good.


Guilt seems to be a huge bi-product of divorce and second marriages…needlessly …do other people apologize for falling in love?  Today, I am not in the guilt trap!  It is just that – a trap and one that leads us on the path of negativity. We are not responsible for the happiness of others yet we often feel guilt when those around us are unhappy.  Guilt does rob us of energy and spirit. I would much rather focus my energies on my self-care and my relationship with my fiance' and children. I choose courage and love. Guilt has no place in my life. I may make mistakes but I live with a pure heart and try my best each day. And that’s the best I can give!  I held on to so much guilt about my divorce, even though I had to get out of such a toxic relationship. I always feel bad for any pain my children had to endure. If I think they MIGHT endure more, mama bear kicks in and guilt starts it cycle.

I shouldn't carry guilt for wanting to be a Women and Making friends.  I shouldn't carry guilt for wanting to not be with my children every waking minute of every waking moment.  I should not carry guilt for loving someone, and knowing there are healthy boundaries.  So many times you think your acting out of normal behaviors, but the underlying thoughts are reactions of guilt.  Many people use guilt as a way to communicate, and cause the infamous "guilt trip" to have you bend to their ways.  When at the end of the day, this is engraved in their souls from years of lack of something in their own lives reaching out for it in their present live


BAN GUILT from our vocabularies, from our lives and from our thought processes. And here’s the kicker…actually putting in the effort to Ban Guilt and do what you need to do for yourself, serves others much better than the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment