Monday, April 16, 2012

Preconceived Ideas

Have you ever found yourself believing that a situation was going to be one certain way and it was completely different?

"Positive attracts Positive" why is this so lost to people?  I am just as guilty from time to time.  I notice it periodically when dealing with my children.  When your cranky their cranky!  When you claim they will exhibit a certain behavior, they will exhibit it.  Encouragement can go a long way. 

Now does this work all the time??  Can you be the light, the sunshine, the smile at the end of a dark tunnel and still experience some horrible actions being done unto you?  Absolutely!  I hate to burst your bubble.  Do not let it stop you from being that person.  Sometimes there is a lesson in life from the action being committed upon you, and sometimes it is a lesson needed to be taught to the other person.

"How can this be so Rebecca?"  Yes, you may have to look at why you allowed that person to do what they did to you.  However, the lesson to be learned was theirs and not yours.  Your reaction could lead to how that lesson is received.  No this does not give you permission to "SHOW THEM," but if you continue to move forward and not sit back and allow the behavior to continue you just may be giving them the opportunity to grow.

Today, I am going to be the web that binds us together.  It doesn't mean I have to stay on the web.  It just means that my part will be acknowledging there is a connection in the mind, thoughts, and actions between you and I!

2 comments: