Thursday, March 22, 2012

Courage doesn't require you to roar!

What a wonderful statement.  I have learned a lot about courage lately.  I used to think that courage meant doing things despite what anyone else thought, and without fear.  I used to!  Sometimes, people do things in spite of someone else and they claim it is courageous.  The emotion of anger not only wounds those it targets, but also destroys the hearts of those who nurture it. 

When your personally attacked sometimes the quiet is more important then "the roar."  I have never met such negative humans then in this time right now.  Our earth is surrounded by vanity, anger, pain, jealousy, and many other destructive behaviors.  How does one survive the attack?   I thought it was courageous to attack back to let out the ROAR!  Your negativity won't bring me down, so in spite of you I will fight back!  I realized I was just a part of the destruction. The assumption of fighting is physical, and I will state right now I am not in anyway talking about the fight of physicality.  But rather the carnal need to destroy another human, to break them down to the point you feel content and they feel nothing but angst.

Lately, I sit back.  I stay silent. I silently cry. I silently feel the pain. I get up. I take the attack, I move forward and realize that this is more courageous then the one who personally attacks me.  I realized that I wasn't the only one feeling the attack of negativity.  I watched on the social media sites and interaction with others; that the overall feeling is that humans have lost their brightness.  They are walking around with this dark little cloud that is driving them to attack and all of their antagonistic behaviors shine through.

We aren't perfect are we?  We all have our bad days, and we shouldn't be defined by them.  These aren't the moments I see, what I see is is who is driving the race to continue, to not just "have a moment" but to live in misery?  So how do you define your courage in a world of destruction? 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of how I like to be Courageous... & Daring.. & Giving & Caring.... To all mankind....

    Ephesians 6:10-18
    New International Version (NIV)
    The Armor of God

    10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
    18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

    ReplyDelete